Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solid Lug Nuts for Camaro Wheels

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Solid Lug Nuts for Camaro Wheels

I've had my Camaro 20's on for about six months now over the CTS-V v1 front calipers and have been pleased with them overall. Besides the weight drawback, the only other problem is the lug nuts. The stock Camaro lugs are two-piece and fit a 22mm hex; the cover part that the hex interfaces with is expanding and getting stuck in the socket which is very annoying. Because of this I started looking for solid lugs to replace them with and found one that works very well. Discount Tire had them for $3 each; they are actually made for Mopars by Gorilla - P/N 61148CX. I've attached a picture of the wheel with three of the new ones installed and two of the stock ones for comparison in case this is of interest to anyone else.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

These look 100% better Doug

I had this issue when I put my camaro wheels on 4 years ago.

Found a set of McGards on Amazon I put on
    2009 White Hot G8 GT w/ Onyx/Red Int. Sport/Premium, No Sunroof, Garage Queen

Borla Cat Back, VCM OTR Intake, DBA 4000 Slotted rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads, GXP Diffuser painted White, GXP Fascia, Crystal Clear side markers, Black Scoops, 20% Tint all around. 20" Camaro SS polished staggered, Shark Fin, Infinity 6032si front and Polk db651s rear

R.I.P. Charlie (Mr GRRRR8)
    R.I.P. Chris (Panzer Leader)

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

3. Likes Doug Hilliard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Doug..I have been scratching my melon over what is available instead of the stock ones. I'll check them out.
    2009 GT PBM Sport/Premium Packs
    Kook's / Corsa / Roto Fab CAI with HSRK / Polished Camaro's with Nitto Invo's / Camaro Brembo's / GRRRR8 Hose & ARP Bolt kits / VG Fin / GXP diffuser / Black door trim & other goodies from CP / UPR catch can / Livernois / BMR / Russell / Jet-Hot / SunTech tint by Drew / MM / Adams / Klearz / TSS

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyGT View Post
    Thanks Doug..I have been scratching my melon over what is available instead of the stock ones. I'll check them out.
    You're welcome; I figured I was not the only one!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Too many projects.
    Post Thanks / Like

I just use my stock lug nuts/covers with factory g8 wheel locks/lock covers.
    2017 Chevy SS / OrangeBlast / A6/ Spare/ Roof - hers
    2016 Chevy SS / Jungle / M6 / Spare / Roof
    2013 Chevy Avalanche / Z71 / FGM / Roof
    2009 Pontiac G8 GXP / SBM / M6 / No Roof
    1988 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon (modified)
    2009 Saab 9-3 Combi / 2.0T

7. Likes Doug Hilliard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hilliard View Post
    I've had my Camaro 20's on for about six months now over the CTS-V v1 front calipers and have been pleased with them overall. Besides the weight drawback, the only other problem is the lug nuts. The stock Camaro lugs are two-piece and fit a 22mm hex; the cover part that the hex interfaces with is expanding and getting stuck in the socket which is very annoying. Because of this I started looking for solid lugs to replace them with and found one that works very well. Discount Tire had them for $3 each; they are actually made for Mopars by Gorilla - P/N 61148CX. I've attached a picture of the wheel with three of the new ones installed and two of the stock ones for comparison in case this is of interest to anyone else.
    One of my customers in Indiana welds the bubble tops to lug nuts for one of the big 3.
    The steel jacketed lug nuts are a pain.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

9. Likes Doug Hilliard liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

do you have a complete side profile pic of the lugs? I'd like to see them from a better angle.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeard Man View Post
    do you have a complete side profile pic of the lugs? I'd like to see them from a better angle.
    Here's a link showing them from the side:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/go...WCiBoC3Yrw_wcB

Post Thanks / Like

i meant the car...I guess I could have worded it better!

A whole side view of the car.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeard Man View Post
    i meant the car...I guess I could have worded it better!

A whole side view of the car.
    Ah...no I don't but I may be able to get one in a day or two.